survivor!

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » February 19th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Wendy, come get the big screen and watch it in life size. :D
To God be the Glory.

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » February 19th, 2009, 1:53 pm

Rahab wrote:Wendy, come get the big screen and watch it in life size. :D

how far away from chattanooga are you and how much do you want for the tv?

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » February 19th, 2009, 1:58 pm

I'm in Norfolk, Va, close to Virginia Beach, about 1/2 mile off I-64. If you want it you can have it, come this weekend or I will have to sell it. I need it gone to have the room this weekend to install my new cabinet and TV. You would need a truck, it cannot be tilted or laid down, has to stay upright.
To God be the Glory.

bibleguy
The J2 500

Postby bibleguy » February 19th, 2009, 2:00 pm

We have church on Thursday night, and with no digital converter box I can't use the VCR. But last week I hooked my laptop to our HDTV via HDMI cable and watched it online. I was very pleasantly surprised at how good the picture quality was. I have a decent external speaker system with a subwoofer, so the sound was pretty good too (I couldn't get the HDMI to carry the audio for some reason. Maybe I can figure it out for this week.

Last season, we didn't watch any episodes until the last 1-2 weeks. Then we watched them all in time to see the finale. That was pretty cool!
Get your nose in the Book! Be a Bible Guy Today!

Susie Hamilton
Established Member

Postby Susie Hamilton » February 19th, 2009, 2:13 pm

I'm kind of guessing Sandy might get voted out tonight, don't think she can keep "Pace" with the others. :lol:
To God be the Glory.

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » February 19th, 2009, 5:37 pm

Rahab wrote:I'm in Norfolk, Va, close to Virginia Beach, about 1/2 mile off I-64. If you want it you can have it, come this weekend or I will have to sell it. I need it gone to have the room this weekend to install my new cabinet and TV. You would need a truck, it cannot be tilted or laid down, has to stay upright.

I can't come this weekend, but thanks for the offer! That is a really long way to drive for a tv! I understand that you need to get it out of the way!

wendy k

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » February 20th, 2009, 3:44 am

Very interested to find out that Taj is married to Eddie George. If you ate at Eddie's Grill during the Assembly, he owns it. She was also a member of the female R&B group SWV (Sisters with Voices), who remade "Human Nature."
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » February 20th, 2009, 7:27 am

yeah, I was interested to find that out too!

I am ready to get to know the players a little more. they are some very interesting people on this season...

wendy k

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » February 20th, 2009, 9:01 am

Wouldn't it be fun to switch the contestants from Survivor and American Idol? Just round them all up and continue the seasons with groups from other shows. :-)
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

rjc
I can see clearly now!

Postby rjc » February 20th, 2009, 1:44 pm

I always go to the Survivor site before the first show and read all the info they have on each contestant. That doesn't help me figure out who is going to win but it is interesting.
rjc

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

bibleguy
The J2 500

Postby bibleguy » February 20th, 2009, 5:00 pm

Finally saw it online...

"Wow, you guys are digging a big hole. Are you digging a grave, looking for a hidden immunity idol, or..."

"No, no, we're digging a big bonfire pit."

"Oh, WOW! Awesome! That totally makes sense! And if that Candace doesn't want to participate, we'll vote her outta here!"

MAN I LOVE THIS SHOW!! BEST REALITY SHOW BAR NONE!! Lunacy, wits, drama, strategy, what else could you ask for?

bibleguy
The J2 500

Cooler?

Postby bibleguy » February 20th, 2009, 5:01 pm

I would love to see a SURVIVOR:SIBERIA or SURVIVOR:ALASKA, but the producers would never go for the lack of visible skin. I just think a change of climate would be cool. (no pun intended). It wouldn't have to be frigid Alaska either, just somewhere not a deserted island. Forest and cooler you know.

Am I alone?

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » February 21st, 2009, 3:40 am

I thought of something they've never done last night. Teams of two doing Survivor. They've done it on other reality shows and I think it would change the whole dynamic. Would be interesting to watch.

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » February 26th, 2009, 2:53 am

new episode tonight!!!

wendy k

teach
I can see clearly now!

Postby teach » February 26th, 2009, 4:05 pm

GREAT episode! Not sure what I think about coach... I like the little alliance between the ones who went to exile.

wendy k

Return to “Entertainment”