Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

A forum for the discussion of TV, movies, music and pop-culture influences from a Christian perspective. A free-wheeling forum for discussion of Christian issues.

Moderators: Pastor Gary, The J2 Mod Squad

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Postby turbotim » December 3rd, 2008, 7:08 am

Thought I would start this as a new thread.. Sorry Tim, I didn't want to hijack your thread.

Tim Elston wrote:Can't wait for Sarah Connor and Prison Break tonight!

Hey Tim, I must have missed an episode. A lot is going on with this show. I have a couple of questions as to what you think is going on.

1. What do you think about Riley? Is she a machine? And Derek's girlfriend? What's going on with them?

2. Isn't it interesting watching how John is transforming into what he is supposed to become? I was wondering how they were going to do that.

Thanks!!!
Tim Cook------> Proud Daddy and Husband

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » December 3rd, 2008, 7:09 am

Tim Elston wrote:
turbotim wrote:Hey Tim, I must have missed an episode.

Tim, I missed it this weekend because I was travelling, but they have episodes available to watch online for a while, so I'm going to try to watch it soon.

A lot is going on with this show. I have a couple of questions as to what you think is going on.

1. What do you think about Riley? Is she a machine?

I wondered about that when she first appeared, then I got sucked into thinking of her as a real person. It would be quite the storyline coup if she were to turn out to be a machine.

turbotim wrote:And Derek's girlfriend? What's going on with them?

Great question. I haven't got her figured out, either, but she doesn't sit well with me. It's hard to know whether that's by design or she's just an awkwardly created character. It will be neat to see what comes of her.

turbotim wrote:2. Isn't it interesting watching how John is transforming into what he is supposed to become? I was wondering how they were going to do that.

Yeah, that's what is so great about these series: they offer the opportunity to develop characters over time. John has seemed to immature, but in the last episode I watched there was a first glimpse of maturing and taking on his calling. There's definitely another season in the offing.

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » December 3rd, 2008, 7:16 am

Tim wrote:Tim, I missed it this weekend because I was travelling, but they have episodes available to watch online for a while, so I'm going to try to watch it soon.

Gotcha! I'll just let you watch it.

Tim wrote:I wondered about that when she first appeared, then I got sucked into thinking of her as a real person. It would be quite the storyline coup if she were to turn out to be a machine.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Or is it that Riley was also sent from the future? It is very interesting to see where this whole Riley situation is going. Also, what is the big deal for her to get John to tell her what is going on? It seems to be important to Derek's girlfriend though. I can't remember her name.

Gotta go.. I'll respond more later...

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Postby Tim Elston » December 4th, 2008, 9:31 pm

Tim, I just watched the latest episode. I love this show. The Schwarzenneger movies were so cheezy; the TV writers have turned the franchise into a gem.

Do you remember the episode when Cameron was in the future as a human? Cameron the machine has a complexity that fascinates me. The writers are doing something with the illusion of Cameron the machine as Cameron a human. The interplay between her and Eric, the guy in the wheel chair, almost drew me into believing that Cameron had human feelings. But then at the end she gave the donuts to the new girl at the door of city hall, and it was all Cameron the machine on a mission again. They are doing such a great job making Cameron mysterious. The whole show is packed with the intrigue of mystery and anticipation.

Did you notice that the three stars in the sky by which Myron Stark determined that he was in 1920 were in the same relation as the three bloody fingerprints on the wall? Sarah and John have been trying to figure out their meaning. I think we know now.
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » December 9th, 2008, 3:22 pm

Hey Tim, was gone out of town over the weekend.....

Tim Elston wrote: Tim, I just watched the latest episode. I love this show. The Schwarzenneger movies were so cheezy; the TV writers have turned the franchise into a gem.

Yeah, after watching this series. The movies do look bad. They are making this very believable and entertaining.

Tim Elston wrote:Do you remember the episode when Cameron was in the future as a human? Cameron the machine has a complexity that fascinates me. The writers are doing something with the illusion of Cameron the machine as Cameron a human.

I remember that episode. It left me wondering if she was going to kill John at some time. You know something is up with them two in the future.

Tim Elston wrote:The interplay between her and Eric, the guy in the wheel chair, almost drew me into believing that Cameron had human feelings. But then at the end she gave the donuts to the new girl at the door of city hall, and it was all Cameron the machine on a mission again. They are doing such a great job making Cameron mysterious. The whole show is packed with the intrigue of mystery and anticipation.

I saw that and too was beginning to see her as more human. Or maybe I could see her becoming more human through those experiences. They really pulled me in on it. Then in the end, they jerked it right back. :D You aren't kidding about the mystery that surrounds Cameron. It's really amazing and keeps you guessing. I reallly enjoy this show.

Tim Elston wrote:Did you notice that the three stars in the sky by which Myron Stark determined that he was in 1920 were in the same relation as the three bloody fingerprints on the wall? Sarah and John have been trying to figure out their meaning. I think we know now.

Yep, good stuff. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this show. I enjoy reading it. Also, did you see last night's episode. I won't say anything. I'll let you see.

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Postby Tim Elston » December 11th, 2008, 9:26 pm

turbotim wrote:Also, did you see last night's episode. I won't say anything. I'll let you see.

Just saw it tonight, Thursday. Been working till midnight and 2:00 am this week. (Gotta love it!) I liked the episode. A little different. John wasn't in it at all. We now know that Derek's girlfriend is a human (hopefully, though, not now with a cyborg inside; I'm guessing not). We've added a couple of characters to the show, which means, happily, that we've got another season coming! Okay, I've already forgotten the girl's and her baby sister's names. We also know that Cameron can't ID a cyborg from the back. :D The way I see it, this episode was about setting up a future scene when the immune girl saves people, probably including John, in the future. We also know a little bit more about Derek and his girlfriend. I love it when a whole episode is devoted to character development. That makes the action have a meaningful context.

Did you catch anything else that was significant from this episode?
"And just when you think you've got me figured out, remember, No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man." --Heraclitus

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » December 16th, 2008, 8:59 am

Excellent analysis Tim...

"My bad!" You're right. That was funny.. I haven't seen last night's episode. It looks real promising..

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » December 16th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Great episode. Scroll down if you have seen it.

The Riley Factor: :lol: Well, she is from the future. She was sent back to keep John from Cameron I think. Especially, when you think about that episode you referenced a couple of weeks ago. Cameron's mission was to kill John, but he must have reprogrammed her. But what is her mission right now? What is she planning?

John Henry: The Lady is trying to get the FBI agent to teach John Henry morals. Why? And how does that affect the future? Is all of this going to change the future?

I wonder about the dreams that Sarah was having. Why would she be dreaming that? And the "NO FATE" puzzles me too.. Sorry to seem like I am always asking questions. I'm probably just thinking out loud.

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Postby Tim Elston » December 16th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Yeah, Tim, cool episode. We got a lot from this one. Good going with your earlier questions about Riley. I did not have her pegged as coming from the future. I like this rivalry between Cameron and Riley. Yes, Cameron keeps coming with, What is she really up to? Riley doesn't trust her. Should we? We know we can trust Riley now, because she's just a troubled girl in over her emotional level. But her motives are sound.

When the part about the UFOs came on, I thought, O boy, UFOs. Ha. I don't believe in UFOs! Corny! But then I realized, Hey, this whole show is about robots from the future. Get over the UFOs already!

Remember the part where--forgot his name--the black guy was talking to John Henry about why people are sacred? "Because we are God's children," he said. "Am I one of God's children?" John Henry asked, coldly. "That's what we're here to talk about." Now, that was a powerful moment. The sheer terror of a non-human human. The sheer awe of special, human life. The horror and the awe together sent chills over me. That was a great thing the writers put in there.

Okay, and Sarah gets her close encounter of the third kind. She finally finds her three dots. I'm wondering, Oh, I thought the three dots were the stars in the sky from a couple of episodes back. How do the three stars relate to the spaceship? And the flashbacks she's having. In one she was a waitress. That's what she used to be. I wonder what the signifcance of those flashbacks is. It has something to do with her mental state as a prelude to the close encounter that's upon her. Can't wait till next week.

Lots of twists in this one, Tim. Good stuff. Thanks for watching this with me!

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » December 17th, 2008, 8:03 am

Tim Elston wrote:Yeah, Tim, cool episode. We got a lot from this one. Good going with your earlier questions about Riley. I did not have her pegged as coming from the future. I like this rivalry between Cameron and Riley. Yes, Cameron keeps coming with, What is she really up to? Riley doesn't trust her. Should we? We know we can trust Riley now, because she's just a troubled girl in over her emotional level. But her motives are sound.

Yeah, you're right.

Tim Elston wrote:Okay, and Sarah gets her close encounter of the third kind. She finally finds her three dots. I'm wondering, Oh, I thought the three dots were the stars in the sky from a couple of episodes back. How do the three stars relate to the spaceship? And the flashbacks she's having. In one she was a waitress. That's what she used to be. I wonder what the signifcance of those flashbacks is. It has something to do with her mental state as a prelude to the close encounter that's upon her. Can't wait till next week.

You know, when I typed my previous post I put flashbacks in there and then took it out. Flashbacks to what? It's just very mysterious and addicting. As far as next week, did you notice that it said February 13. That's a long time to wait. Did you see the previews for the next episode? I didn't see Riley in it. There was some new guy.. Good stuff..

Tim Elston wrote:Lots of twists in this one, Tim. Good stuff. Thanks for watching this with me!

Yep, thanks for your input. I enjoy your thoughts. God bless you, Tim.

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Postby Tim Elston » February 13th, 2009, 8:11 pm

turbotim wrote:As far as next week, did you notice that it said February 13. That's a long time to wait.

February 13 is finally here. Does the move to Fridays mean that it wasn't getting good enough ratings?

The new guy you mentioned is apparently Reese, Sarah's dead husband and John's father. I'm not quite getting why he's there yet, but I'm sure they have something interesting for him. Is he there by virtue of her delirium?

Also, I'm not quite getting John Henry. My memory must be short. That's obviously Cromartie, but does he now have a different chip? Is Cromartie's old chip still around somewhere?

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » February 15th, 2009, 1:56 pm

Great episode. I heard ratings fell sharply, though. I hope they don't cancel it.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)
Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

Tim Elston
Woohoo!

Postby Tim Elston » February 15th, 2009, 3:44 pm

DeWayneTN wrote:Great episode. I heard ratings fell sharply, though. I hope they don't cancel it.

Did the ratings start falling last fall or just this last episode? Because if they move it to Friday that's not a very good night to keep ratings up. I would hate to see it go, too.

DeWayneTN
-= J2 =-

Postby DeWayneTN » February 16th, 2009, 3:56 am

The big story this weekend was how sharp a dive it took by going to Fridays. Like 29% or something like that. Fridays are kind of a graveyard. I hope the network has a plan and this is not just their way of letting it die a slow death. I know they have big buzz around 'Dollhouse,' which I was frankly disappointed with.
"...The life you see me living is not 'mine,' but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that."- Galatians 19:20 (The Message)

Visit my blog: www.dewaynehamby.com

turbotim
I can see clearly now!

Postby turbotim » February 16th, 2009, 4:51 am

I left early Friday to go to a youth retreat in Louisiana. Great retreat..

Anyway, I haven't seen the episode yet. I'm going to have watch it. I took today off of work so I'm home with the wife and kid.. :D

Also, I'm not quite getting John Henry. My memory must be short. That's obviously Cromartie, but does he now have a different chip? Is Cromartie's old chip still around somewhere?

Do you remember them taking the chip out of Cromartie in Mexico and destroying it? They were going to burn the metal body, but by the time they did, the former FBI agent had taken it to that lady who is housing John Henry.

She used cromartie's body to hook up John Henry. John Henry isn't powered by a chip so it looked like to me at first that Cromartie's body was hooked to John Henry by a 3 or 4 wires. Does that help?

On another note: I was so worried when I heard it was moved to Fridays b/c I heard that's where shows go to finish off their death. I thought it was doing well but apparently not. I don't know what the deal is. I hope it doesn't get cancelled. That would stink..

Jesus is my ROCK!!

ImageImage

my space

Return to “Entertainment”